Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Boomerang

There is always those few things that you have or had in your past that some how always may their way back to you. I'm talking anything from your old NKOTB sheet set to video games to even people and past relationships. This weekend, I had a boomerang person text himself back into my life. And at first, I had a "wholly hell" type of moment. Although the initial shock has subsided I am still just a little on edge about the entire situation.

A perfect Sunday afternoon - included lunch at a great Mexican place up the street followed by some bar hoping and the hawks game with C. After the game we walked our way back to my apartment, stopping to buy a couple bottles of wine. Unfortunately for C we passed a tiny carnival and I dragged him onto The Zipper and the Pharaoh's boat ride. Then he decided to cook me dinner at my place. In midst of my wine haze I reached for my phone to text S that "OMG, C IS COOKING FOR ME. HOW PERFECT" kind of message when I had a text waiting in my inbox. From #2.

Now, I knew deep down that this would happen yet it still caught me by surprise. His text was a simple "hey heard you moved into the city, how is it going" type of text. My reply was a not-so-simple or smooth "its great, sorry the hawks lost. we should grab dinner or something". This all happening while the almost perfect C is busy cooking me dinner. I then proceeded to text S several swear words about #2 then put the phone to rest and picked up that bottle of wine.

Dinner was great as was the rest of our evening. And it didn't take me long at all to forget about #2 while I was in the presence of C. Plus I never got a text back from #2 after my very eager response which helped matters immensely. I did however receive a text last night at 9pm - #2 has asked me out for dinner. I sat with that text for about an hour. Then I texted S. Then I texted #2 back saying something along the lines of that I'd let him know later this week since I'm SO busy (yea right). He responded almost immediately that he would call me tonight to make plans.

Yikes.

C & I are not exclusive, but I do respect the fact that we are sleeping together. And since I'm so new to this single lifestyle, for my own sake 1 guy in a bed at a time please. I have no qualms about going out for dinner with #2, my only apprehension is falling into the same spot I was before. I didn't make a good F* buddy - I always wanted a little bit more. Plus, I didn't like to know about all of the other girls he was seeing. So I don't want to ruin anything with C over someone so trivial. But I do want to flaunt. And I do want to make him buy me dinner. And I do want to leave him begging for more. Nothing wrong with a girl wanting to string along a guy for a bit - right?!?

So I've decided that if it can be worked out, I will go out to dinner with #2 this week. I have created a rule: no more than 2 drink (lame, i know), and since I'll be getting my little friend I don't have to worry about the s-e-x. At least not yet.

This, could be very fun. Very fun indeed.


**Not to mention the fact that it is slightly flatering-slash-creepy that his dad (aka MY BOSS) brought me up in conversation with #2 this weekend. Specifically informing him that I have moved downtown, and Lord knows, maybe he coaxed him into contacting me. Maybe not. But its just a little weird how badly my boss must really want me and his sone to date. And, it creeps me out that there is a possibility #2 has already informed him of our past randevous. Ick.

1 comment:

  1. tricky, tricky

    I would go for dinner & stick to your gut instincts.

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete