Monday, May 11, 2009

The Weekend Update....

This weekend contained a lot of drinking. Even this morning I feel the residual effects of the booze. What can I say, this old body of mine does not handle the post-drinking side effects very well anymore. It typically takes about 2days for me to feel normal again, longer if I was consecutively drunk 2+ days in a row. And today, my body hates me. Happy Monday to me.

Thursday included a multitude of cocktails (black cherry/sprites to jack&cokes) and the occasional shot of Rumplemen's. This tends to explain that.

Friday was Mom's Day wine tasting with the girls and their moms. It was a huge hit! After the tasting a group of us went to a local tiki-inspired bar. The moms dug it and ordered shots - even taking a shot-ski! It was hilarious. Us girls knew our mom's would hit it off. We all have drinking/partying problems aparently...must be genetic

Saturday we celebrated the May birthdays at my new place. A, T & M are all about a week apart and with wedding season breathing down our necks it was the only free time this month everyone could get together. Cocktails & appetizers at my place then we headed up the street to the local mexican joint. I drank my weight in Margarita's - with extra tequilla, thankyouverymuch - then convinced everyone it would be a good idea to head back to my place to test out my new shot glasses with some Mango Liqour. It was after this when I "woke up" in the bar around the corner then planned to meet up with C, snagging a ride from M's boytoy.

Apparently I unloaded my entire purse giving everything (yes, EVERYTHING) to C to hold in his pockets while at the bar...which he actually did! I just have the faint recollection of thinking I lost my keys (or cell or gum, or camera....) but he would pull it out of his pocket. I know that I tend to loose things when I'm three sheets to the wind, but to unload on C and that he actually took it all makes me want to pee my pants with laughter. And I almost did Sunday morning when he was telling me all about it.

Sunday morning was a little rough (read: I was very hungover). C got dressed & was out the door about 30seconds before the fam walked in for our Mom's Day celebrations. While my sister & I felt the pains from the night before, my mom was ready to celebrate - a bottle of wine later and two beers at the bar she was feeling pretty damn good. After they left, I snuck in a nap then C & I grabbed dinner and at each other until 10ish.

All in all it was a fantastic weekend. I got to spend quality time with the fam, with the girls and with C.

I know - C & I hung out like 4days in a row! Yay for having sex regularly! Not to mention the fact that I am SUPER smitten with him.

2 comments: