Friday, May 29, 2009

If you dream it, bagels will come

Driving into work today I took Lake Shore Drive (which I never do, but should more often) and it was gorgeous! A peaceful clear morning on the lake with an exquisite view of the city while entering the Loop. The city was sparkling in the sunlight and the lake was clear and peaceful.

Moments later Chicago commute reared its ugly head and I was in bumper to bumper traffic. Which allowed my mind to wander, and today it wandered to the thought of delicious bagels. All I wanted was to show up to work and have an Asiago bagel from Panera sitting there waiting for me. The perfect Friday morning - and hangover cure. Low and behold, my wish was granted and there were bagels. Hallelujah. The begining to a great weekend...hopefully.

Right. Well, I had an offical date with #2 last night. We met up at a tapas restaurant in Lincoln Park. Drank sangria and ate like pigs. We fell into our old routine and it was fantastic. The conversation was good, there were some laughs and after dinner we headed to a bar for more cocktails. Obviously our routine is getting drunk together. And by this time we were at least buzzed if not completely drunk. And buzzed dating is drunk dating as we all know.

At the bar he leaned in to kiss me. I inadvertantly gave the cheek. Honestly I had no idea that he was going in for the kill. He immediately called me out on it and tried again. That time, he didn't miss. Kissing him was as good as I remembered - lush soft lips, cool wet tongue, a sweet mouth. I felt it in my toes. He tastes amazing. TMI? Maybe. We called it a night by 12am which left us in an interesting perdiciment - do we or don't we "share" a cab? Sharing a cab means sleepover. Sleepover means sex.

While stewing it over outside the bar I, in all of my smooth non-nerdy glory, blurted out that there would be no sex. This, I think, caught #2 by surprise. I followed it by saying - ever so gently (or notsomuch) - that I had made up my mind the moment he called that I would not sleep with him right away. That I was pissed on how he handled things in February. Mad that he never called back. Granted I did preference all that by saying I did act like a crazy bitch but still he should have called. For the most part he agreed or he at least acted like he did. If it was acting it was a good believable show. And I fell for it. We decided to "share" a cab and just sleep together. Literally, sleep.

Yes there was a make out session on the couch and in bed but there was no heavy petting. At all. Sleeping was actually sleeping. And spooning. I know the goal was to string him along, and I know I techinically brought him home to my bed however he only got a small taste of what he has been missing so I think the plan worked. Sort of. I have a good feeling that he will call back wanting seconds. I just have to decide if I want to offer it.

Do I or don't I? I am having a fantastic time with C. We are developing a great personal connection and coupled with passionate sex its a win-win. C is extremely hansome, well rounded, funny guy. He wins against #2 in almost all categories. But there is something about #2 that grabs my attention. Maybe with him there is some type of aloof quality - I have to chase him. But chasing him never works out. I end up chasing my own tail and acting a fool. I don't want to risk things with C either. But if kissing #2 was as good, if not better, than I remember then I know it won't be long until I'll crave having sex with him. Because if my memory serves me correctly, it was damn good.

What are the rules when it comes to dating? Do you tell your current date about your other dates? Do they have a right to know who you're sleeping with? I'm at a loss. I guess I'll just go with my instints and my instints right now says I want to go out with C tonight. So I will. And I'll take everything else as it comes.



*I have realized that lately all of my posts are about drinking and sex. To confirm: no I am not a sex addict, no I am not an alcholoic. But I will work on posting other life events in order to spice up my blog. Hopefully...

2 comments:

  1. Toughie...Since I'm an old married lady and skipped the whole single-girl-dating thing I have no clue how this is to be handled. I say go with your gut and have fun. As long as you can live with the choices you make I think it's fine to do whatever you please!

    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Until you have the talk that you're exclusive, you can date lots of boys!!! Have fun with it, you were in a relationship for so long.

    ReplyDelete