Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Winter Fling

I never thought I would be one to have a winter fling of all things...honestly I never knew they even existed; summer flings - yes, winter flings - no. But I guess since its Chicago I can see how the cold weather would make you want to have a little somthin'-somethin' to cuddle up with during all the snowstorms.

This was always one of my most prized stories since it always opens with: "I'm sleeping with my boss' son" Its a good line, always gets lots of laughs. Now however, the story is: "I USED TO sleep with my boss' son". Not so clever.

We met at a work function in October - a boxing match held by a vendor downtown. The boss brought his son - the same name as my ex, so I call him #2. Needless to say I like to throw back a couple after work and have no inner diaglog that says "you should slow down". And since I don't work most Fridays this was the perfect excuse to have a few. #2 & I hit it off which is likely due to the fact that we were the only people in attendance that were in their mid-20s and single. We were both smashed, decided to go bar hopping and ended up having...a happy ending, if you will. My first as being newly single.

It actually wasn't a one night stand. I was shocked when he called the next week. Things progressed but we gave each other space too - not hanging out too much or talking on the phone excessivly. Neither of us wanting to have the boss (his dad) find out or wanting a relationship. It was super casual. Fun. Great sex.

Fast forward to about a month ago...

"You know, I've been talking with other girls but I'm really glad I chose you to hang out with tonight. Its been so much fun" - says #2.

"You've RUINED EVERYTHING!" - me, the crazy drunk girl at the bowling alley (yea, it was the first time since November we actually made it out of the apartment).

Let's just say the remainder of the evening was a wash. We tried to get past it but I was pissed...and very intoxicated. The wheels are spinning: why would he say that? He just ruined the fun I was having! And I know we're not exclusive, but I never wanted to actually have the PICTURE in my head that he was talking/seeing other girls.

"Its supposed to be a compliment" - says #2.

No thanks. Its like saying "You're really pretty compaired to the girl I went out with last night". A back handed compliment. Couldn't he have just said he was having fun and left it at that? PLUS should I kiss your feet because you CHOSE to hang out with me....ego much.

We've barely spoken since. There have been an exchange or two of drunken texts - all started by me of course. And then I realized, I've been played.

I'd hate to take advise from such a stupid book/movie but "He's Just Not That Into You" has a point - you're not an exception, you're the rule. Nieve me thought we were "exclusively" having sex with only the other person. We talked about it, we agreed we would tell each other if we were "seeing" other people that way. He swore on that fatefull night a month ago that I was the only one that he was sleeping with but really, I doubt it.

Now the pieces make sense: 1) we hung out only once per week, on a night that he usually had to stay in due to an early start the next day - typically when he had to work 2) we never left his apartment - we'd order in food, drink, play games, a-hemmm but never went out 3) he never wanted to meet up with me when I was downtown with friends 4) he never wanted to go places I invited him to - he always seemed to have a buddy's birthday party to attend; I think at least 5 between January & March

I'm coming to terms with it. And its my own doing. The problem is, I was actually really really liking him.

OH and this is great: I found out last week from a friend/vendor that my boss told her that he brought #2 to the event in October to meet me in hopes we'd hit it off. If he only knew he hooked up his son in more ways than one...

2 comments:

  1. Have all texts been deleted? No need for another drunken text incident...

    Kudos to you for sleeping with the boss's son!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats are def in order on sleeping with the boss' son! He's not worth it though if he can't even tell the truth (re other girls) when you're just friends with benefits. Boys are bad! Loving your blog! xx

    ReplyDelete