Monday, March 30, 2009

2 Weeks Notice - Part One

Its nailed down. In stone. I start with the CompanyB on April 15th. 7:30am. Downtown Chicago. Its happening. 2 weeks. Now all I have to do is give notice...

I'm a little nervous about this. I've done it before but this job has more meaning to me than the last. Probably because I know I'm giving up a lot of perks and some really great people. And let's face it, a pretty cushy job. But even with all of the positives I still feel that this is right move. For me. To move forward. To grow up.

I can already picture what is going to happen. My mental image is not looking pretty. I expect shock from my supervisor and executive director. A closed door meeting. A counter offer. But their money is not their own - it requires approval from the board which I doubt would give it. And I doubt that I would even take it....unless it was a couple thou over what CompanyB is giving me.

Plus when you work with middle age to elderly women they gossip. A lot. In whispers. This is going to spread like wildfire. And more likely than not there will be rumours surrounding it (OMG she was sleeping with the boss' son! - ha if they only knew). Along with dirty looks. I suspect only a small few will actually approach me.

Its final. The resignation letter is written, printed, signed & sealed.

Hopefully my nerves don't get the best of me.

But for now, its time for a celebratory cocktail!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you...I'm glad that everything worked out and that you will be starting a new adventure. Though I am so freaking depressed...WTF will I do with out you. Your leaving me with all the crazy gossiping, floss at my desk, cough so loud you need to wear head phones all day, bad ass outfits, and the creepy man who barely ever shows up. You will be missed.

    If it rocks, I may be following you this time!

    ReplyDelete