Friday, March 20, 2009

Hello

Alright, I caved. I finally have been convinced that I need to blog. It took me 3 years to even sign up for Facebook! Now I'm on twitter and finally an official blog. Unfortunately I'm not a writer and I'll just be blogging in replace of keeping a diary. A diary at 25 is not accepteable, yet blogging is....

Here is a little about me: I'm 25, fastly approaching 26, living in the western 'burbs of chicago...with my parents. I'm a bomarang kid - went to a state college then came right back after graduation, and stayed. I am however getting evicted, July 4, 2009. Independence Day. No joke. The meaning is not lost on me, and my "landlords" chose that date for that specific purpose. I don't hate, I definitely understand. Do you think I'm proud of the fact I still live with my parents? Yea...no.

I have an excuse - at least I use it as one. In college I met this great guy and we dated for 6 years. Just broke it off last August. Its one of those things - its hard to move forward when you're stuck in the present. We knew we weren't on the marriage path, we debated moving in together and buying a place, but in the end it was decided a "break" was needed...unfortunatley this was decided after $1500 trip with his brother and sister-in-law to Costa Rica. Best trip ever by the way, I'd recommend visiting.

What is a "break"? Its a relationshiper's term for being too scared to call it off officially. You want that person in the wings just in case your other flings don't pay off. Right? Its a pussy excuse and anyone thats been in a SIX year relationship might feel slighted by it. What can I say, I still hold a grudge even though it was/is the best thing for the both of us.

Now I'm spiraling down a quater century crisis. B.S. you ask - definitly not. I'm trying to figure out who I am again - six years of having a back up and a second opinion really makes one check themself. I'm officially getting into my groove again but still making the rookie mistakes that should have been sorted out at 21.

This blog will document my crazy antics as a newly single lady in the shadows of a great metropolis. I feel like I'm walking through everything with a blind fold on and I stumble - a lot. Its entertaining to everyone - even my married friends (4 out of 7 - I'm the official bridesmaid, 27 dresses here I come) love it. Why shouldn't you?

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging...I love hearing about your "rookie mistakes." We've all gone through it...it happens to the best of us.

    Your not a writer my ass: This blog will document my crazy antics as a newly single lady in the shadows of a great metropolis...that's a great sentence.
    You Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blog-land!! I like your style & attitude already!! Look forward to reading more of your antics!!

    ReplyDelete