Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Grab Your Heels and Bikinis Ladies: We're Headed to the Lake!

To me going to a lake house includes the following: friends, beer, tubing & water sports, tanning & swimming, comfy clothes and if you're lucky some shots or bar hopping. This past weekend did include all of those things for me, but not for everyone...

When I arrived at the lake house bright & early on Saturday, I headed to the dock immediately despite the cloudy-cold weather. It was me, my friend HLo (it was her bf's house) and a handful of other people - all of whom were guys. The rest of the guests, like 15-20, were still sleeping off the partying from the night before. After about 2hrs the people slumbering began to wake and make their way down to the dock. All guys. Not long after, people where questioning: Where's [enter girl's name here] & [enter girl's name here]? The answer: They were getting ready.

Yes, GETTING READY.

A parade of size-zero bikini-clad high-heel-wearing make-up-faced hair-did girls showed up not a moment too soon. I was in shock. Here I am, no make-up my hair pulled back into a pony with flip flops on and in a hoodie (it was still chilly at this point). I had never seen anything like this EVER: eye shadows matched the swim suits, Bump-its were in full affect, wedge high heels, real dresses as cover ups. WTF? The look on my face was probably priceless. I was the outcast in this scenario.

I like to think of my self as pretty down to earth girl. I can mesh with most people: be one of boys, one of girls, or just float somewhere in between. I could not mesh with these girls. Thus I found myself turning to my bff Mr. Miller Lite for support. And I got a whole lot of support from him.

The sun finally broke through the clouds mid-afternoon, the drinking never stopped, and we continued the party into the night. This included shots (plenty of them) and transitioning to cocktails. Jack was there for me then. And he lead me down the path to self loathing. That asshole.

Apparently I'm a lush. I prefer this term to whore because "lush" at least has that "I'm a fun party girl" connotation to it still; "whore" is too negative. And I don't sleep around, I am just a make-out lush (OK, whore does sound better in this instance).

Perhaps it was the early drinking, sun-burning afternoon, non-dinner eating day that brought me to my lush-tastic evening but I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that I just did not fit in. Once I got attention, I tried to keep it. With my mouth. I guess it worked at getting attention...from EVERYONE (including the Dad who showed up in the afternoon)

Although, I could have made MUCH better make out choices than I did:
Guy#1: NIPPLES PIERCED - Ew: I hate myself for this one.
Guy#2: HLo's BF YOUNGER BROTHER - not a minor thankyouverymuch

The next day I felt like I got ran over by a train, kept to myself, and drank only water. And Guy#2 - the brother - was following me around like a little puppy dog. He's nice, cute enough, but gesh it was only drunken making out forcryingoutloud. I do like him; he's a nice kid and we've met before but I'm not really interested.

That was me this weekend. And I'm not too proud of it. But I am by no means ashamed. That could be because I refused to let HLo fill me in on the details post-blackout. She, and all of the other 20 guests, can keep that to themselves.

Now I'm reeling in how to gently let down the brother. He has my number and we talked briefly the other night. He is all about hanging out. I'm being nice. But luckily I do have a pretty packed week/weekend so I don't have to lie to him...at least not yet. Unfortunately I'll just have to suck it up and apologize for giving him the wrong impression and say hopefully* we can be friends.



*but hopefully the kind of friends that only see each other once in a while for big events and don't talk on the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment