Monday, June 15, 2009

It's not REALLY illegal if they want you to have it...

I'm a pirate. Officially. And no I don't have on my outfit from before. I am currently pirating Internet from one of my new neighbors.

Its really their fault. Who has an unprotected network now-a-days?!? I feel totally lucky, because I didn't have the cable/Internet provider coming out until 6/27. Now...who knows if I'll even need 'em!

This past weekend I made all of my big time purchases for the apartment. And I think I went a little overboard. I blame my dad. And my mom. They were there to help guide me through the new technology and make proper choices for my budget. I'll admit it right now, I not only am technology dumb but I also need mommy & daddys' help when spending over $2k. Anyhow, they ended up directing me to creating a bachelor pad. Including, but not limited to the following items:

- 40" LCD/1080/120Hz Flat Panel
- Surround Sound/DVD/iPod docking system
- Lap top with all of the bells/whistles (which I'm loving!)
- HDMi cord to connect the computer to the tv (who knew this even existed!)

All of this is going in a semi-tiny room. Yea. It will be taking over an entire wall. And it took 3 hrs at the store. Followed by a trip to Ikea, then Target, then back to Ikea, then Meijer then Ikea to buy the stands to hold this stuff.

All of that in addition to the gaming systems I already had might push my place over the edge. Not to mention, I am currently debating if putting my 2 guitars for Guitar Hero crossed over the entertainment center on the wall would be too much...Hmmmmmmm

Luckily I only spent around $150 on the furniture (Ikea is a life saver!) and was able to finance the rest for 0% interest x 36 months.

My delivery service, the parents, will be bringing the majority of the purchases up on Saturday. Then this empty room, which currently holds a couch, 2 storage cubes, a rug and my 13" tv on a microwave box, will look more lively. CAN.NOT.WAIT.

In other news:
- #2 wanted to hang out on Saturday-day! It was a shock. Then he didn't call until 2hrs after he said he was, then said he'd call after grabbing lunch with friends. Since I was ready at 11am, and by 2:30p I hadn't heard from him I texted he should forget it. A-hole

- C had a friend from OH in town. Didn't hear from him at all. I was ready to write him off (who dates someone only on weekdays?!?) but he called today, wanted to come over to help me put together my entertainment unit & cook dinner, THEN even remembered it was my birthday Wednesday! He's out of the dog house, for now. And I needed a birthday dinner date - HLo & L cancelled since I'm seeing them this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you said you were done blogging forever during lunch and then went home and low and behold there is a new blog. You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete