Thursday, June 18, 2009

This slacker needs cable

Yesterday after suffering through my hang over while at work ON MY BIRTHDAY, a light bulb went off: I should take a vacation day tomorrow. Although it is super tacky to put in a vacation request less than 24hrs before the next days work, I did it. And my wish was granted. So, here I sit watching The Today Show with Kathy Lee and that other lady. Because I don't have cable. And because ABC no longer comes in. No View or Oprah for me today. At least this terrible programing will not leave me addicted and sitting on the couch all day. Plus, its the fist day in MANY that the sun has poked out its head.

My list of things to do today was long. But I'm finding I'm already pushing things off until tomorrow... So far today I slept intertwined with C, had the sex, and made breakfast. I fear this will be the most productive I will be because I can feel the sun calling me outside to play. Today may just turn into a beach & trashy novel day.

Last night C treated me for my birthday. We went to one of the best sushi joints in the city, then to a specialty cupcake store, ending with a walk hand-in-hand through the city. It was perfect. We eventually found our way back to his apartment, with a rather large bottle of wine tucked under our arms. And spent the next 2hrs exploring each other's bodies by candlelight. It was the closest thing to "making love" that I have felt in quite sometime. I'm not even sure if the ex & I experienced something so sensual in our 6yrs together. Waking up today in his arms was the proverbial icing on the cake...MY birthday cake.

Now, in the light of day and after eating I am feeling confused. I need to figure out what/whom I want asap. I can tell I will be getting in over my head sooner than I realize...

BTW: I feel like I'm loosing brain cells just watching the extended version of The Today Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment