Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Holy Hell

7:30 am. My phone rings. Inter-office call. From the boss.
“Jen can you come in my office”

Shit. “Sure” I say, nervous since we had our files audited yesterday.

“Please sit” he says motioning to the chair, directly in front of his desk.

“I wanted to talk with you about the Cubs game last week and running into you and #2....”

He continues on to say that there are no issues for me to continue to see – or whatever it is we’re doing – his son. There will be no implications for me at work regardless on how things turn out between us. He mentioned that they are all very close and he does typically run into #2 after games, but if I’m uncomfortable with that when I’m with #2 then I should tell #2 that they shouldn’t meet up.

It was at this point that I said that I knew the family was close. Last week I was just surprised and I have no problems with meeting up. I reiterated that #2 & I were just friends. And that was that.

I just got my boss’ blessing to see his son. At 7:30am. At the beginning of my shift.

And my boss was all smiles about it.

The End.

1 comment:

  1. It makes me laugh...ahhh gotta love it. Glad that you now have his "blessing."

    ReplyDelete