Monday, July 13, 2009

Because my debit card tells me so

Monday mornings. They typically suck for a lot of reasons. But add this in addition to all of the regular routine suckiness of a Monday: checking the online bank account. I do it multiple times per week however its only on Mondays that I dread it.

I knew before I even left work Friday that this weekend would be prime for trouble. And that trouble would be directed towards my checking account. I was triple booked all weekend. And my little plan to buy a flask has not come to fruition yet. I'm still working on it. Plus, in all honesty I thought that I would be set with limited cash since the parties I was attending Friday & Saturday were drink specials, 9-12 all you can drink for $15. Right. Well, that never works. I'll never learn.

FRIDAY

I actually went to the gym for a quick jaunt. 1/2 running, 1/2 stair mill. I haven't sweat like that in a while. Wait, scratch that. I probably have, but I'll leave the salacious details out.

Met up with L & friends at Mickey's on Clark/Fullerton in Lincoln Park. Its a great bar. Has a ginormous outdoor patio and a large party room in the back. We were in the party room. Vodka-Soda-with-a-lime-please. Times that by, yaidonknow, let's say 15. Now, I can't recall everything that happened but luckily I was able to piece together the evening with clues.

Clues that mean my purse was broken:
#1: My fav yellow clutch no longer latches, #2: Can't find my new lip gloss/tint ($20people!), #3: Bouncer approaching me with my keys (still can't figure out how he knew they were mine but you got to love it), #4: My stuff strewn about #2's pad the next morning

Clues that I was 3 sheets to the wind:
#1: Refusing to cab it with L after bar close, #2: Allowing semi-stranger to hop in cab with me (then I paid for it!), #3: 30min walking around the wrong street insisting to #2 I was in front of his apartment, #4: Sitting on unknown porch talking #2 out of jumping in a cab to find me, #5: Reviewing texts from Friday, its embarrassing, #6: The hang over that lasted until 4pm Central Standard Time

Clues that I spent more than the $25 at the door:
#1: Cash poor the next day, I only had a $5, #2: Online bank balance shows payment to bar

Clues that we left Mickeys:
#1: Online bank balance shows $30 purchase at Tin Lizzy's


SATURDAY

Luckily enough for me #2 likes the same hangover routine I do. Sleep in. Hangover sex. Then hangover brunch. With a bloody mary. And that's how the morning went. I then headed to North Ave beach with the ex.

Yea, yea yea. I know. PROBABLY not the bestest idea ever but I am trying to be more friendly with him. AND I am ready to actually be friends (although I don't think he is, more on that in a different blog...). PLUS (this is the kicker) he had tickets to see M.C. Hammer. Yea. I know. 2Legit 2Quit (with hand motions). Jealous? I think so....

Day drinking, day drinking, day drinking, Hammer Time, day drinking.

Home for a quick bite then shower for S & Fiance arrived around 8:30. I was, lets say, a little drunky and a lot tired by this point. We went to Redmon's for $15 all you can drink to celebrate KS birthday. We just saddled up to a bar table and stuck there all night which was okay by me. I only made it until 11:30. Couldn't even get down 2 drinks. I went straight to bed and was dead to the world until 8am.

SUNDAY

Rose's 2nd bridal shower at a swanky country club near the 'ville. I was refreshed and ready. The shower had THE BEST food. Breakfast AND LUNCH. Needless to say I killed the buffet. And likely my waste line too. Rose got some good gifts. After 3hrs it was over then I headed up to Schaumburg to visit with HLo. Pool time. Followed by a pizza orgy courtesy of Little Cesar's (yea, I didn't know they still existed either!). I was home in time for Entourage then bed.


All in all the weekend was a win. Until Monday morning when I checked the bank balance. $90 in the checking account. YIKES.

No comments:

Post a Comment