Friday, July 17, 2009

Things that make you go "hmmm"

This week has been interesting. And fun.

I made a friend last week who goes to the gym I just joined. We got to talking and both of us decided we would make good gym buddies. Our first date was on Wednesday for a step class. I haven't been in an aerobic class in forever so it kicked my ass. My legs are singing today but it feels good. It feels like I should take my ass to the gym again today but that is highly doubtful.

After class, C texted me. It wasn't necessarily a surprise but it was unexpected. We ended up meeting for a drink. Well, I wanted to meet but he insisted on picking me up and driving. We had a drink at a bar, caught up, then we went back to my place for battle royal of Guitar Hero. Needless to say, I kicked his ass. There was no awkwardness - ok maybe initially when I got into his car. We used to kiss hello. But that awkwardness did not last long. He seems to be very busy at work, giving a presentation at a huge conference this weekend. And he finally has a couch in his apartment. Too bad I won't be able to "break it in". He left around 12midnight. Hug goodbye. No hanky panky. Nothing even attempted.

Yesterday was the Billy Joel/Elton concert. #2 & I met at a bar then headed over after several drinks. I was ready early & had some drinks at my place prior to heading out to meet him. I'm not exactly sure if that was a good idea or not...

The concert was awesome. We were on the field (converted of course). Able to walk around. Had a great view. Billy & Elton were awesome. We drank. We sang. I even bonded with his roomies girlfriend. I think we talked about #2 - she asked how serious we were. I couldn't lie, we aren't but I think I said I hoped we would be but I know he wasn't into that right now. Awesome. I guarantee this will get back to #2 in a flash.

Now, I'm not gonna lie. I can not exactly remember how the evening ended. I remember a cab. I remember talking with #2 about driving him to work the next morning. But I woke up face down on the couch in my clothes from last night. No #2 in my bed. I very gracefully got up, stripped then fell asleep in my bed until 11ish. Then I texted #2. No response. I hope I didn't fuck up.

I do have pictures from last night. My friends will be so pleased to finally see the guy I've been talking about since last October. We have some cute ones of the group, some of us, some of the cab driver, and one of him getting money out the ATM. MAN, I am SO curious how the evening ended. Bah.

This weekend is already starting and I won't have a minute to relax. Today I'm hungover, so my plan of laundry, groceries & the gym are out of the question. BUT I may go see Harry in a matinee. Or I may just head back to the burbs. Rose's baccalaureate party is tomorrow. It looks like it will shape up to be a rowdy time. On the agenda: pole dancing/strip class (can not wait!), freshen up at her pad (food, games, gifts) then a bar crawl in the 'ville. We will likely be ridiculous. We always are when everyone is in super party mode. Again, my goal is to keep things at a minimum. But that never happens. And its likely my bank balance will continue to suffer.

Now the couch is so comfy & I'm all set up with left overs & a 16 & Preggers marathon. I don't know if I'll make it off the couch. Lazy? Perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment