Wednesday, July 1, 2009

This is your life; This is your life on Sangria...

Red. Fruity. Cold. And delicious. Its hard to say no. Its hard to stop. ESPECIALLY when your favorite local Mexican joint serves them up to you freely - yes, FREELY - because you know the bartender.

Sangria is a summer staple and the kick off to any night spent in the 'ville. And on those "any nights" many random things would happen. Usually with my girl S. And it would typically lead to trouble...although I can not remember most of the trouble that occurred. At all. And neither can she...for the most part* which led us to making the below conclusion:

(An excerpt from my life in email)

Me: You know what I just realized. A's shower is the day after KS birthday party. Do you remember what time its at?

S: Yea...I remembered that. Its at 12pm....

S: If you don't want to go to KS thing because of the shower that's understandable. I'll probably keep it low key that night so I can drive home or wake up early & not hungover to get to the shower on time.

Me: I'm still in for KS. I'll just have to remember & watch myself is all.

S: Yea, knowing we have to be up and out early will stop us from getting crazy-crazy...although it is fun when we do!

Me: Definitely. No Sangria - it will have to be the rule

S: Ummmm yea. Sangria, aka "liquid trouble", "nectar of the devil", "the beginning of a great evening", will not be consumed in order for us to maintain our lady-like manners.

Me: Awesome.



*Although I suspect that she remembers a lot more than she lets on. She may just be purposely forgetting labeling it as a black out. Smart lady that S.

No comments:

Post a Comment