Monday, September 28, 2009

GUR

No, I'm not growling at you. I'm just SUPER pumped for joining in on the Great Urban Race this year!

Every month, or quarterly - or gosh knows when - I get the alumni magazine from my alma-mater Illinois State University. And it was only recently that an article actually grabbed my attention enough to make me do something about it. The GUR seems right up my alley - physical/mental challenges in a fun environment. Yes please. This is something that I could actually do and have fun with. I mean, anything that mentions matching costumes, I'm in. No questions asked. Plus it was a bonus that ISU/Normal, IL would be hosting it in October the same weekend as homecoming. Coincidence? I think not. It probably helps that the creator was an ISU alum...

SO I mass emailed all of my friends - who all (or most) attended ISU as well. But I only got 1 bite. HLo. Reliable. Dependable. HLo. We are on a mission to make our team shirts and it has turned out to be more difficult than expected. Who knew that t-shirt making stores were closed on Sundays. Its not 1915 anymore folks. Open those doors. Embrace the 21st (or is it 22nd?) Century. The idea to create our own crossed our minds as well - but those shirts never last. 2 washes MAYBE. Team Super Party Mode will try again tomorrow night to make our outfits. We're shooting for a 80's Video Game-acid washed jeans-Madonna-leg warmers-throwback type of look.

Think Punky Brewster goes neon.




No comments:

Post a Comment