Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Weigh-In Tuesday - Week 2

9/22/09, Week 2, 145.0lbs

I started off really strong this past week. I decided to keep a food and exercise journal. I'm not counting calories - simply because I don't have the patience - I just want to know what I am eating. I have noticed that the journal does help me think about what I am eating. Or it did, until Thursday night.

After work on Thursday I had a great work out, then met L at my apartment, showered & headed out to a friend's for some dine-in Chinese and Project Runway. We got back to the apartment at 10:30 to find that it was broken into, and my beautiful 40" LCD HDTV was gone, along with my laptop, Wii and all of my jewelry. They entered through my bedroom window where the window AC unit was...its now smashed sitting on the back enclosed porch.

It was shocking and scary and I am very glad that L was with me that night. And that we weren't home. And that we didn't walk in on "them". Needless to say Thursday was a long night. As was Friday and Saturday. And Sunday.

I spent the weekend closing accounts and opening new ones, making claims, crying and eating. Comfort food, right? Well who knows what I ended up putting in my mouth - the entire weekend is a blur. I never laced up my sneakers for a run or the gym either. I was content just hanging out at my parents' house, being pampered with food.

Yesterday, minus the 2 chocolate chip cookies I had, was my day of jumping back on the wagon. I ate healthier. I forced myself to the gym. I want to feel as good as I was this time last week. I also started up the journal again. I think it will help. And I should be back on track soon. Plus a 1# gain is much better than what I expected...

Anywho, this week should be pretty active. I ran yesterday, today is a weight class, tomorrow is that crazy cardio kickboxing class I'm in lurve with. I'll be going back to the parent's house this weekend too, but I already checked the gym's class schedule and picked out several classes to take on Friday and Saturday. Sunday I'm registered to run a 5k - my first in YEARS. I used to not get enough of these runs, and although I'm coming in to the season very late (since its almost over) it is a goal to not let the 5k's escape me in the future.

In addition to the weigh-ins, I'm toying with the idea of taking my measurements too. I just don't want to get too crazed about the numbers on the scale. We'll see if I take the opporutnity to to that today.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! That sucks so bad. I hope you are able to replace what was taken and find out who did it. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete