Wednesday, September 30, 2009

hollywood got it right and i'm totally lame

Movies. We've all seen them. We flock to the theaters or video store or just flip on HBO to watch. There are a ton of genres too. Romance. Drama. Horror. And Thriller.

The "thriller" plot is generally the same. Enter picturesque scene, see normal life of handsome John Doe, then switch to see the normal life of the beautiful Jane somethingorother. Then...
wait for it...
BAM!
Some type of event or trauma happens to stir things up. Then somehow John and Jane meet working through indestructible odds to correct said crisis, and...OMG, can you believe it?!? They end up falling in love or sexing (or both?) at the end. It has the key components: excitement & sex. You gotta love that. Speed is the good example...and by all means, not the only one.

My mind keeps traveling back to this: trauma brings people together who seemingly would under any type of normal circumstance probably loathe the other or just simply, not give a second look. Perhaps its after being a "survivor" of what they endured, natural selection kicks in and you want to procreate with that other survivor. Well, procreate or just have hot steamy protected sex with them. Either or. I'll take the later.

Since 2weeks ago Thursday when I walked into my apartment to find it broken into / burglarized, I have had this intense urge to have some male companionship. Really, companionship. Not just the sex but everything else that goes along with it. Yes, I have my family & friends that have been sending their love and support through this ordeal* but I've been yearning for that different kind of love. The strong protector type support that can just make you feel comforted, forget, take the edge off.

Last week I was getting all desperate. And I might have been a little drunk one or two nights when I fumbled with the idea of calling my ex to tell him just to get his reaction. That would quickly switch to wanting C - the guy who I haven't heard from (nor called myself) in over a month - to be with me. I was in an "i-need-a-boy-because-i-experienced-something-traumatic" moment - well, moments because these thoughts occurred a lot more than once.

I have to say the only thing getting me through it - without any embarrassing drunk dials or pity dates/sex - was my internal countdown for #2's return from his trip. And he returned on Saturday. And I actually heard from him yesterday.

Texting during the day, then a short conversation last night. I am extremely overjoyed that he is home. More excited that we'll be hanging out this week sometime - tbd - especially since I thought I wouldn't hear from him for another week or so. I just can't wait to see him, hug him, kiss him, to tell him my sad story and be comforted by him.

LAME.

And TOTALLY not how our relationship is. Maybe these Hollywood endings are attacking my subconscious because #2 & I just have fun. Fun drinking. Fun sex. Fun. I actually don't even think we've ever hugged. He's just the one night stand that has lasted.

I am over romanticizing everything right now but at least I know it. And I'll keep the daydreams to myself. Let the proverbial bubble pop when we meet up later this week. But for now, I'll keep those imaginary hugs going...


* I really couldn't have gotten through the past 2weeks without them

No comments:

Post a Comment