Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Holy Shittake Mushrooms

A voicemail. With attitude. At 7am. On Wednesday. From my mom.

"Hi Jen. Its your mom. Its 7am. Bye"

Shit.

This is a sign that the date went well on Tuesday. Perhaps a little too well considering I all but abandoned my goal and ended up in C's bed, albeit a comfortable one.

We hit it off right away. It was extremely comfortable, like we had known each other for ages. No awkward silences. It was a great start considering my last date - a blind date about a month ago - was a little intense and did not go so well. Let's just say blind dates are not my thing.

C was sexy in his business attire. He ordered a bottle of wine for us at the bar and another at dinner. We ate off each other's plates. Laughed a lot and got to know each other. Dinner ended around 9 but we were both so smitten that we didn't want to call it a night. So we headed to the bowling alley. In his car. And after about a 10min high school makeout session we actually went inside.

"Let's make this interesting. If I win, then I get to take you home with me" - says C

He won. It didn't help that I am terrible at bowling. And I think I played my worst game ever on Tuesday - highest score, 34. Seriously. He did question if I was throwing the game but alas I was not. I simply just suck. Plus he was getting strikes left & right so I had no chance of winning anyways. And I don't think I would have tried if I did have a chance...

He has a great apartment in the city. No roommates. It didn't take us long to make it to the bedroom. We had discussed that there would be no sex. But there were plenty of other things that were done. All very...satisfying. However, it was extremely difficult to stick to the no penitration rule. In the heat of several moments I prepositioned him and he wanted to wait. What a good guy, right? Plus he was so good with his hands that I suppose I can wait too.

I had to call in late for work. But it was well worth it. All in all it was awesome. The entire date, including my slut-tastic ending. I am absolutely head over heels for this guy right now. He has mad potential to be more than just a date, a fling, a fuck buddy. And I think I'm ready - or will be soon- for a new relationship. Its been over 7months since "the break" and I know what I want in a relationship now. I think I will be more apt to stay true to myself and not loose sight of my needs as I did with the ex.

Our next date: Monday. The Harlem Globetrotters are in town. It will be hilarious. And I'll be sure to pack a bag. And lie to my roommates so they won't be calling at 7am the next morning...

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! Sounds like a keeper!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "slut-tastic" - mt new favourite word and I think it should have it's own wiki entry!

    Woo hoo though, really pleased for you! I so would've thrown the bowling!! x

    ReplyDelete