Tuesday, April 14, 2009

You know the Harlem Globetrotters are in town when...

...you lie about receiving tickets from a vendor - but buy them yourself - so you can plan a date with the boy you like and not feel stupid for wanting to actually go to see the Globetrotters.

Yup. That's me. Embarrassing but true. I'll admit I'm a total lame-o. But hey- it worked! C was all about it on Thursday last week. And last night was game time.

I drove up to his place in Lincoln Park after work. In the rain. In the traffic. But surprisingly it only took 45min. I suppose I should get used to it since this will soon be my commute*. Since the show/game/whatever didn't start until 7pm we had enough time to open up a bottle of wine and relax. By 6:50 we decided to have just "one more glass" before leaving. We were planning on being fashionably late...

We never made it. They were just free tickets anyways, right?
R-i-g-h-t

We killed the wine. Then a heavy-petting-make out-session ensued on the couch. Things progressed slowly and comfortably. X-rated details not included.

Fast forward an HOUR AND A HALF (holla)...

We decide its time to leave the bedroom and get some dinner. After attempting to find our clothes - all strewn about the apartment - whoever got dressed the slowest would have to buy a bottle of wine with dinner. I lost. But in my defense us ladies have way more layers than boys.

Dinner was great. A little wine bar across the street. Mood lighting. Candles. No crowds. It was the perfect setting for chatting and laughing. Then back to his place so I could call the "roommates" to advise I would not be making it home. Luckily my mom answered and between her um-hmm's and ok's I got the feeling she did not approve of my little sleepover. She asked that I call so I did.

The rest of the evening we watched a great concert on TV - Hanson. It was shocking how much we liked it! They were very good - Mmmbop not included which probably helped their set. Then he introduced me to his favorite artists/songs which for the life of me I can't remember now. I can remember it was really fantastic though. And finally he played his guitar for me. It was so perfect. Sweet. Heart melting. C obviously knows what he is doing.

Everything about the evening was perfect...minus loosing $55 on 2 HGT tix we never used. At least it will make a great story if C & I last.



*I got the apartment...for full price but I'm moving-on-up May 1!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for the apartment!! Just think you won't have to explain anything to your roommates anymore!! ;)

    C definitely sounds like a keeper! Talk about melt your heart...he plays guitar!!

    ReplyDelete