Monday, April 20, 2009

The Smell of Worms

Ah April. Spring weather. Green grass. Rain. Worms. And lots of them. Walking out the door this morning the pungent stench of worms smacked me in the face. A mix between uncertain wetness, fishing, and some type of metal - perhaps iron.

I have never been a fan of worms. Long ones. Fat ones. Skinny ones. Short ones. Active ones. Dead-looking ones. I am an equal-opportunity worm hater. I was the kid that squealed and ran the opposite direction when the dirty kid picked them up to show me. To this day, they still give me the heeby jeebies. I find myself jumping around them and walking on tippy-toes saying in a high pitched voice "eek" when getting to the car or walking along the side walk. Mature, I know.

WARNING: When Googling "worm photos" be careful on what you wish for as it can get a little grotesque & scary.

********************************************************************************

On another note, I had a very productive weekend. My room is officially packed up - all things boxed and labeled. I thought the junk drawer held all of my treasures - I was wrong. I have 4 shelves on the walls that held its fair share of crap - I mean, memories. Not to mention the little nooks & crannies that I forgot I stashed stuff.

It was a headache. And dirty. And a little tense at times. 3 bags for garbage. 3 bags for Good Will (from clothes to a large Captain Morgan's Bank Bottle). 8 large boxes designated for elementary school/junior high, high school, college, costumes, books. The boxes will be staying at the parent's house until I move into a larger place, and one that I actually own.

All that is left to go through is the jewelry boxes (circa 1992 - present) and the photo collection. Then it is time to actually pack the things that I am bringing with me which will be a piece of cake.

I did find myself digging through the garbage to pull out all of the love notes/cards/mementos from the ex. I decided I would keep a shoebox to store these - I am just not ready to give them up yet. It will just be stored at the parent's with the others for now until I'm ready to decide what, if anything, to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment